SYSTEMIQ, the system change company and certified B Corp, was founded to drive the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change by transforming markets and business models in five key systems: nature and food, materials, and circular economy, energy, urban areas, and sustainable finance.
We are guided by the conviction that all system transformations are rooted in human transformations. We must continue to bring more diverse people and voices into real conversations to succeed. We know we don’t have all the answers; we may not even have all the right questions. But we know that open mindsets drive change, so relationships, people, and trust are at the heart of everything we do.
You will have senior strategy consulting experience coupled with exposure to the financial industry. You will have passion aligned with our mission to accelerate the shift of capital towards a more sustainable future and understanding of trends across ESG, sustainable and climate finance.
You will primarily be working on advisory projects to deliver breakthrough insights, action and results for leading investors, corporates and policy makers. You will support financial institutions to develop their strategies in a rapidly changing environment – working with them to identify investment opportunities across new technologies and business models that can shift capital towards a low-carbon, nature-positive economic system.
You will have a passion for working with leaders across the financial system as one of the most important drivers of transformative change in the real economy. You will have a vision for how sustainable finance can help build a more resilient, net-zero economy for people and planet by mitigating climate risk. You will bring strategic “big picture” thinking to global challenges, but be detail-oriented and understand how financial instruments, regulations and tools can help shift large-scale capital.
You will help design and structure innovative financial solutions to tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges. You will help drive research and communication with policymakers on how to green the financial system, working closely with our flagship coalitions such as the Blended Finance Taskforce.
SYSTEMIQ is looking for individuals with a strong record of excellence and achievement. You have proven that in different contexts and are keen to work in a young, entrepreneurial company where you can get involved in a variety of work, shape the business and make maximum impact. You are passionate about SYSTEMIQ’s mission and approach to system change.
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Senior advisory experience from a top management/financial consulting firm
- Exposure and track-record from working with the finance industry
- Shared mission to use the financial system to accelerate the shift to a more circular, clean and regenerative nature-positive, resource-productive and inclusive economy
- Experience as manager, leading teams on both content and process with a strong commitment to coaching and developing people, with an empowering leadership style
- Highly advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with a focus on strategic challenges
- Relationship management skills, with experience of working in various cultural contexts to build collaboration between senior level individuals and large groups of stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify opportunities and new initiatives and turn them into reality
- Natural alignment with SYSTEMIQ values; Creativity, Challenge, Collaborate, Change and Care
We are keen to receive applications from all parts of the community.
Applications from current residents in the following cities will be considered-
Preferred: London | UK or Amsterdam | Netherlands.
Disclaimer: Please ensure you are legally eligible to work/live in your location when applying for this role. Visa sponsorship or relocation costs will not be provided.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity and inclusion are at the heart of system change and the mission we have set ourselves. So we commit ourselves to:
- Embedding diverse and inclusive ways of working from day to day. This includes recruitment, performance management, and people processes and policies.
- Providing a supportive environment. We want people to be themselves and be at their best, regardless of their background, personality, gender, sexual orientation, race, mental health, religion, or other characteristics.
- Enabling a long-term, sustainable approach to work and life more generally. We want to support our people at all stages of their lives – as parents or caregivers, through changing life circumstances – and to accommodate personal priorities where they matter most.
Reward and Recognition
Remuneration and benefits package will reflect the successful candidates’ experience and the country where hired.