This is a national role so you will be required to travel. The travel will involve visiting sites based in Leeds/West Yorkshire, Cardiff, Oxford, Portsmouth, Somerset, London, Essex, and Kent. There will also be a requirement to support additional centres due to come on line in 2025.
Working on our clients’ sites, you will be expected to deliver the following:
- To identify waste best practice and work with the client and Soft Services Manager employees to ensure that best practice is highlighted at all client locations, driving behavioural change to achieve the client and Mitie recycling and sustainability objectives.
- Identify areas for improvement and work with all stakeholders to ensure improvements are made to achieve the waste operational KPI’s, and client waste/recycling objectives.
- Attend, lead and present at meetings with internal and external stake holders as appropriate to deliver the operational KPI’s and drive best practice.
- Manage the waste reporting platform and all third-party supplier relationships.
- Audit sites (ongoing) to ensure best practice has been maintained and delivered both at our client’s sites and the suppliers, we use through the Duty of Care framework.
- Lead and support training, education and awareness campaigns for all personnel involved in the handling and disposal of waste and recycling across the estate.
- To support and drive innovations across the portfolio of sites to deliver:
- Increased recycling leading to potential cost savings.
- Improved application of the waste and risk hierarchy.
- Assurance of compliance relating to statutory regulations and client HSE control standards.
- Increased efficiency of resources and sustainability – bringing circular economy and decarbonization opportunities to the fore.
- Increased waste/asset security and containment.
- Reduced environmental impact.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive safety culture.
- Perform all reasonable management requests in a timely manner.
- Lead on best practice waste management service delivery, identifying opportunities for improvement to current process through on-site assessment, data analysis,
- Improve consistency of approach across the portfolio and support soft services to maintain compliance with legislative/operational standards.
- Assess and audit sites to show mitigation of risk and improved standards towards best-in-class service.
- Support soft services to achieve operational best practice and improve reporting validations.
- Maintain and take ownership of the waste management plans for use across all client locations.
- Design and take ownership of a monitoring regime to maintain standards and identify any drops in compliance.
- Liaise with the client, Brand Partners, and Mitie where required to achieve operational efficiencies and performance.
- Provide templates and train members of the soft services team, client, and Brand Partners, to achieve the waste tactical and operational KPI’s.
- Manage trackers to ensure audit close out and ensure robust measure are in place to prevent re occurrences
- Waste management sector experience with operational knowledge of waste transfer and treatment, for both Hazardous and Non – Hazardous materials.
- Compliance experience/background demonstrating health and safety application and ownership.
- Ideally degree educated with a science/environmental discipline and a member or Fellow of a relevant society
- COTC level 4 or experienced DGSA / WM3 assessor
- Proven competency within the waste sector – demonstrable record of driving positive, sustainable change.
- Competent in the use of the office IT suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) also including Outlook and OneNote
- Full Driving License
- Literate and numerate
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Methodical and well organised.
- Resilient and tenacious
- “Can do” approach.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good communicator – verbal and written