Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.
We are now recruiting for a Trainee Environmental & Sustainability Advisor ES&H Professional to join us permanently.
Purpose and Scope:
Perform specific environmental and/or safety support services, investigations and analysis and other directed assignments as either a member of a team or under the minimal supervision of more senior personnel.
Trainee Environmental & Sustainability Advisor will support the sustainability, conformity, compliance and management responsibilities at our client supporting and Amentum UK.
Actively assisting sustainability performance, storing, and organising monitoring, reviewing and reporting EMS conformity and compliance.
Support the delivery of the internal audit programme, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
A development role which will have a structured career and development pathway, with continual coaching and mentoring.
- Work with and support other ES&H professionals in performing analytical and scientific investigative studies related to ecology or environmental science.
- Monitoring and supporting the implementation of Amentum’s Sustainability policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Review of literature in the fields of environment, safety, and related fields and critiques content and conclusions.
- Analyze data gathered from literature or collected from investigations.
- Collect samples or data using established procedures or protocols.
- Assist in the development of complex programs, systems or processes and assist in the maintenance and inventory of equipment and systems.
- Review statutory requirements related to one or more environmental, safety and/or health regulations, and assess facility or programmatic compliance.
- Participate in informal reviews, inspections, and audits using established procedures.
- Supporting improvement of the key Sustainability processes, procedures, and documents
- Support the management of the sustainability & legal compliance and aspects registers.
- Support the development and implementation of sustainability objectives/KPIs.
- Support the development and implementation of the Carbon Reduction Plan (CRP).
- Work under guidance of the Head of E&S to meet these sustainability objectives.
- Collect the necessary data to meet sustainability objectives and KPIs.
- Support the Head of EHS in discharging his company EHS responsibilities.
- Support the Head of EHS in period reporting as appropriate.
- Support the maintenance of the ISO 14001 sustainability aspect of the IMS. Taking an active role in delivering the internal & external audit programme.
- Support the Head of E&S, Head of Quality and Head of H&S with implementing the Inspection and auditing programme.
- Provide sound sustainability advice and support to all Amentum programmes staff.
- Support the Head of E&S and ESH project staff in carrying out investigations and preparing reports that detail root causes, corrections and corrective actions.
- Support the implementation of the company’s incident reporting tool and its ongoing functionality.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ideally Bachelor’s degree in ES&H-related field, i.e., Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or other sciences.
- ES&H-related experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Position may require travel.
Position will require the ability to pass and maintain UK Security Clearance.
Amentum are an equal opportunities employees.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.