This is a genuinely unique opportunity to work with the Head of Sustainability to implement the BVCA’s sustainability strategy. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact by working with our diverse community of long-term investors, helping them adopt sustainable practices and integrate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations into their investment strategies.
As the Sustainability Manager, you will collaborate with stakeholders from various fields, including fund managers, companies, advisers, and service providers, to promote sustainability and responsible investment principles. You will also liaise with government representatives, media outlets, and MPs to positively influence policy and raise awareness about the importance of sustainable investing.
BVCA is committed to supporting companies in achieving their long-term ambitions and creating value for the country both economically and socially. This role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute towards addressing society’s future environmental and social challenges, by supporting members advance their responsible investment approaches as well as working to enable the policy and investment landscape is supportive of the private capital sector.
- Support the development and implementation of sustainability strategies and initiatives for the private capital industry
- Advise and support BVCA members on integrating ESG considerations into their investment decision-making processes
- Monitor and analyse industry trends and best practices related to sustainable investing
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create educational resources and guidelines on sustainable investment practices
- Coordinate and promote sustainability events, conferences, and workshops for BVCA members
- Engage with government officials, media, and MPs to advocate for sustainable investment policies
- Establish and maintain partnerships with organizations aligned with BVCA’s sustainability goals
- Experienced sustainability/ESG professional with good knowledge of the ESG landscape relevant to the finance sector – with at least 5 years+ work experience gained from working within the consulting, private capital or commercial sector
- Strong knowledge of sustainable investing principles, industry trends, frameworks and standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Experience in advocacy and influencing policy is preferred, but not required
Why come work for the BVCA?
- Be part of the leading trade body for the private capital industry in the UK, supporting the growth of the industry and deepening the understanding of external stakeholders to the benefit of the industry
- Experience a friendly, engaged, and passionate work environment (with regular social activities) with a supportive culture
- A competitive salary, reflecting the technical requirements and seniority of the role, and a performance-related discretionary bonus
- Enjoy important benefits: 25 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays; a 10% non-contributory pension; non-contractual day off for your birthday
- Life and medical benefits: life assurance (4 times salary); private medical Insurance for you*; health cash plan*; critical Illness and income protection insurance*; employee Assistance Programme – includes Mental Health support, Virtual GP, Nutrition advice and Financial wellbeing
- Other benefits: interest free season ticket loan; corporate discounts; reimbursement of up to 2 professional institutes; generous support for professional and personal development
The BVCA supports an environment that is based on merit and inclusiveness, where all employees can develop their full potential, irrespective of their race, gender, marital status, age, disability, religious belief, political opinion or sexual orientation.