This is an exciting opportunity to join PRI’s Climate and Environment team working on priority themes including climate mitigation, climate adaptation, nature and circular economy. The team is part of the broader ESG Issues team within the Sustainable Systems group and works to develop PRI’s strategy and positions of Climate and Environment issues, as well as support their implementation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the creation and delivery of PRI’s work on Climate issues. This includes: undertaking market leading research to support PRI’s thought leadership and house positions; providing technical expertise and project management capabilities to support the delivery of activities across PRI’s RI Solutions, Initiatives, Policy and Ecosystems teams; and engaging with PRI’s signatory base and wider financial system participants.
This role will report to the Head of Climate and Environment and also work closely with the Senior Lead, Climate and Senior Specialist, Climate Policy. It will require close co-ordination and collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally, particularly PRI’s Sustainability Initiatives team and their work to support investors implement net zero commitments (e.g. via the UN convened Net Zero Asset Owners Alliance, the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative and the Investor Agenda, among other initiatives).
- Support the Head of Climate and Environment in delivering against the team’s business plan and budget
- Undertake independent research on climate (and climate-related) issues to support team strategy and house positions in close collaboration with the Senior Lead, Climate and Senior Specialist, Climate Policy
- Provide technical expertise in relation to climate mitigation, adaptation and responsible investment, including the interlinkages with wider environmental topics such as nature and circular economy
- Provide technical expertise regarding how institutional investors assess and manage climate risks, including the credible implementation of net zero commitments and the role of wider financial system actors in enabling implementation- especially policymakers
- Proactively stay abreast of and analyse market trends in climate issues and responsible investment, including emerging themes, debates and signatory needs
- Support capacity building as part of signatory meetings, workshops, webinars and other events
- Work collaboratively as part of the wider Climate and Environment team and wider PRI teams (e.g. Responsible Investment Solutions, Initiatives and Stewardship, Policy and Ecosystems) to support the delivery of the Climate and Environment programme and Single Systems Change Plan as required
- Support the team to build and manage a wide and diverse network of stakeholders, including institutional investors, policymakers, NGOs and corporates
- Specialist knowledge of climate issues, including the material financial risks and opportunities they pose for institutional investors, and how investors can take action
- Technical knowledge of sectoral strategies and relevant climate policies to achieve net zero
- Proven capabilities in independent research (qualitative and quantitative methods), project management and holistic knowledge of climate issues
- Previous experience in research, analysis or policy in the context of climate issues and responsible investment or corporate sustainability
- Degree level studies in areas such as social science, finance, sustainability or other relevant area
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to simplify the complex and provide clear research briefings
- Strong project management skills, with experience in delivering complex projects successfully
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple timelines and stakeholders effectively
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others and the ability to foster an inclusive working environment as part of a global, cross-functional organisational structure
- Good networking, relationship management and interpersonal skills, and ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders
- Highly proactive, organised and motivated to advance responsible investment
We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups, including Black, Asian, and other People of Colour, those with visible or non-visible disabilities, LGBTQ+ candidates and those who are neurodivergent.
The PRI is committed to offering flexibility to our employees, both formal (e.g. part-time work) and informal (e.g. a shift in hours to accommodate caring responsibilities). Please talk to us about how we could make this role flexible for you.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.