This role is primarily a technical delivery position servicing the onshore energy and highway sectors in the UK, with potential opportunities to operate in other sectors and international projects.
Writing and reviewing technical reports and application of GIS are important functions of this role, alongside capability to undertake regular fieldwork activities to support reports.
Success will be demonstrated in terms of the technical quality of team deliverables, meeting client and stakeholder requirements, whilst understanding and working within financial and programme requirements.
Candidates are sought with strong previous experience and skills in specific relevant disciplines, such as EIA report preparation for the water environment, sustainable drainage systems, nature-based solutions, highway discharge assessment, CAR licensing, hydrogeology, hydrology, water quality, fluvial geomorphology, site environmental management, peat surveys, peat stability, peat management, geology and pollution prevention.
There will also be the opportunity to work with wider water specialisms team who lead on flood risk assessment, fluvial geomorphology and hydrogeology.
Regular business development tasks, responding to tender opportunities and developing services and professional networks to supply technical services.
- As part of our multi-disciplinary Water Team, our environmental specialists offer a comprehensive range of services to transport agencies, local authorities, utilities and developers including site surveys and investigation, stakeholder liaison, design, EIA reporting, planning application and construction management support
- A friendly, high-performing team with a ‘can do’ attitude to challenges, supporting each other to achieve shared business and career goals
- Opportunities to work for long-standing clients and to help create similar great relationships with new organisations
- Become a WSP Changemaker, integrated within WSP initiatives such as ‘Future Ready’, ‘Net Zero’ and ‘Innovation Accelerator’ for the benefit of our Clients, Environment and Society
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A BSc in a water / environmental management related discipline, preferably having a relevant post-graduate qualification
- Achieved chartership with a relevant professional organisation, such as CIWEM or IEMA, or with sufficient evidence demonstrating progression to chartership is a feasible short-term objective
- Undertaken fieldwork, data analysis and report-writing skills relevant to the water environment discipline and be able to provide evidence of this track record. You will be familiar and confident with a variety of software packages and an experienced user of GIS software for planning, analysing and reporting environmental deliverables
- A good knowledge of the EIA regulations and/or the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges in relation to the water environment. You will also have an up-to-date knowledge of related Scottish and UK environmental legislation and best practice guidance. Evidence of direct statutory liaison would be advantageous
- Demonstrable evidence of leading teams and successfully delivering outputs, applying project management principles. Leadership of relevant EIA chapters in the energy and highway sectors would be advantageous
- Ability to work collaboratively and with integrity to aid the design process, seeking to innovate and share lessons with others
- Flexibility with regard to working away from office on a regular basis, familiar with safe working practices in remote outdoor locations and be capable of undertaking fieldwork requiring a reasonable level of fitness. Advantageous if you have relevant H&S training or qualifications such as first aid or CSCS
- Track recording business development activities in relevant sectors
- A Full UK driving licence and eligible to work in the UK
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date.