The climate crisis is the single-biggest threat to humanity. Our mission is to be the global carbon removal partner for the world’s most innovative and disruptive companies. We’re building software to enable companies to understand their climate impact and purchase high quality carbon removal offsets. We are thrilled to have recently raised our $13m Series A, led by Lightspeed Ventures to accelerate this journey.
Join us to help carbon removal technologies to scale so that the planet is ready for net zero by 2050! Come and help us save the planet!
Why is carbon removal critical?
Carbon removal includes nature-based solutions like biochar and cutting-edge technologies that literally pull carbon from the sky and store it underground for millennia. We need to scale to remove 10 billion tons a year by 2050 to stay below 1.5 degrees of warming. This is over 14,000x the rate we are removing carbon at today. We’ve only removed a few thousand tonnes to date. This will be a trillion dollar industry by 2050.
- Calculating carbon footprints / green-house gas accounts for companies
- Develop net-zero roadmaps and emission reduction plans
- Leading development of footprinting tools, processes and our product
- Guiding our customers on topics such as Net Zero, CSRD, ISSB
- Developing our house positions on topics related to climate
- Keeping track of policy development in climate, corporate sustainability and CDR
- You have 4-6 years of work experience in Sustainability Consulting or similar field
- Track record of leading and delivering corporate GHG accounts and carbon reduction plans / net zero transition plans to customers.
- Confidence in communicating with customers
- Knowing GHG Protocol and SBTi standards inside out
- In-depth knowledge of the UK, EU and/or US regulations and protocols surrounding business sustainability and climate reporting (CSRD, SECR, TCFD, SEC rules, CDP etc.)
- Excellent numerical skills and strong proficiency with Excel/spreadsheets
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- You have a lot of curiosity and a broad understanding of carbon, climate and sustainability issues
- You have high integrity, care about real climate impact, and can guide customers on this journey
- Experience with offsets and voluntary carbon market
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Experience in financial accounting
- Experience with wider ESG reporting
- Experience in double materiality assessment of environmental and social topics other than climate
- Masters degree in sustainability, natural sciences or engineering
What values can you expect from your colleagues?
We have set ourselves the mission of leading the carbon removal market to 14,000x its current size by 2050. In order to do that we need brave adventurers that think huge and deliver at speed. We call this the 14,000x mindset. The key components of the 14,000x mindset are:
- Ownership mentality: We relish autonomy and we create it for others. We are deeply curious and thrive on understanding the root cause of complex problems. We take ownership over our own and our team’s development by giving and soliciting direct and actionable feedback.
- Move fast: We identify the most important problems to solve and cut everything else. We test ideas early so we don’t waste time on dead ends. We default to action and deliver awesome results.
- Radiate positive energy: We come to problems with energy and passion. We nurture new ideas and engage positively in testing them. We inspire our colleagues to go further and are resilient to set backs. We recharge by taking time off. We are here for a great day, not a long day.
- Communicate proactively: We communicate simply and directly. We broadcast updates, insights and lessons learnt, especially when things haven’t gone to plan. We give as much context as possible so our teammates can make great decisions.
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 per annum
- Generous stock options
- Unlimited annual leave
- 1 company-wide day off every month
- Hybrid working: remote first with option to work from a London office 1-2 days per week
- £1000 annual wellbeing allowance
- £500 working-from-home equipment budget
- Monthly company socials
- Purchase high quality carbon removal offsets for your personal emissions from our inventory
Diversity and Inclusion
We’ve been committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace since day one of the company. We’re the only company we’re aware of with a 50:50 gender balanced list of investors and our day to day processes are always defined with D&I in mind, for example our remote first policy and flexibility around working time.
We are excited to encourage applications and interest from individuals underrepresented in the climate and tech space. Climate change and climate justice is a social issue that cuts across race and gender. We welcome applicants with lived experience across these issues.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire.
Applicants from outside the UK
- UK Work Sponsorship: Unfortunately, at this stage of our growth, we are unable to offer UK sponsorship to applicants.
- Candidates who live outside the UK who are not looking to live and work in the UK, are within 3 hours of the GMT/BST timezone and are willing to travel to London quarterly are encouraged to apply. Please note we will use an Employer of Record arrangement in these circumstances