Cheetham Hill Construction is a family-owned Civil Engineering business based in Bury, Greater Manchester. We carry out a huge variety of civil engineering and construction contracts, ranging in value from £5,000 to £20 million for an increasingly broad spectrum of clients.
If you are an experienced QESH Manager ideally with a construction background looking for a varied and autonomous role within a well-established company, we’d like to hear from you. You will split your time between being office-based and visiting sites – primarily across the North-West and Yorkshire liaising with management and employees.
- To lead and co-ordinate the QESH Department in developing and maintaining industry standards and legislation
- Develop and maintain the Company’s Integrated Management System to ISO 45001, ISO14001, ISO9001
- System review of all company policies and procedures annually, to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Monitor and audit the Company’s QESH performance, providing solutions for continual improvement
- Chair monthly directors’ meetings to report on proactive and reactive monitoring
- Accident and incident investigation to identify root cause
- Be available to all employees for specialist advice
- Production of Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans and Construction Environmental Management Plans
- Manage the Company’s approved contractor database including the assessment of documents
- Proactively liaise with statutory and non-statutory bodies
- Complete pre-qualification and tender questionnaires relating to QESH
- Lead and manage the Company’s sustainability strategy including purpose-built software
- Grad IOSH as a minimum with an Occupational Health and Safety degree or equivalent
- IEMA membership would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good commercial awareness
- Assertiveness and persuasiveness
- Good problem-solving skills
For an experienced QESH Manager, this is a great opportunity to join an award-winning contactor, working for some high-profile clients. In return, you can expect a competitive salary, along with pension, generous holidays, private healthcare and either a car allowance or company car.
Please email your CV with covering letter to email@example.com or write to: Ms C Chamberlain, HR Director, Cheetham Hill Construction Limited, Woodhill Road, Bury, Lancs, BL8 1AR.