We’re experts in helping communities live more sustainably – making social and environmental change happen, project by project, so people and our planet can thrive.
We believe powerful change can be simple to make: small steps everyone can take to make their own lives better can help our world towards a healthier, more sustainable future too.
We make that change happen project by project. Each one we run focuses on the things that matter to those they support across our core themes of Climate, Travel, Food, People, Nature and Sharing.
But we never tell anyone what to do. We meet people where they’re at. We show communities what’s possible. We help them figure out what works best for them. And we give them the skills and confidence they need to make good things happen.
That’s how we’re changing our world for the better, project by project. It’s how we help people; communities and our planet thrive.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Help to grow the membership base of FEL, growing the climate voice and action in the region.
- Take the lead in growing FEL membership, increasing climate related connections across members both within and out with the climate network.
- Deliver climate literacy training and climate engagement activity, with particular focus on communities that are unengaged in climate action, or not support to take climate action.
- Assist communities to create climate baseline (Carbon/Ecological Footprint) and climate action plans. (Can vary depending on the nature of what the community organisations is and how it delivers is community activity)
- Assist wider FEL team, and partners to network to with communities ensure links and resource & knowledge sharing happens
- Support the FEL fundraising and development team, to connect with communities you are working with, in order to enable communities to get support developing climate projects