At Digby Wells Environmental, we are passionate about what we do and to Make A Difference in the lives of our colleagues, our clients, the communities we work in, and, the environment.
As a Principal Sustainability Reporting Consultant, you will be a key contributor to our mission, to move us from the world we live to world we seek. You will work with clients to produce compelling sustainability reports and strategies, that tell the client’s sustainability story, and tick the boxes for reporting requirements and guidelines.
You will have:
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly including the ability to create clear, concise and compelling sustainability reports
- Extensive knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks (i.e. GRI, SASB, UN Global Compact), industry specific sustainability challenges and emerging trends
- Strong analytical skills to assess ESG data and metrics, identifying trends, risks and opportunities
- Strong client and stakeholder communication skills including influencing, negotiating, presenting and relationship management
- Robust project management, and able to run with a project from proposal to publication, and ensuring projects are delivered on time and in budget
- Flexible – able to see where help is needed and support colleagues as necessary.
- Curious mindset to learning and development, client relationship and contributing to the ESG team’s growth – a self-starter and motivator
- Comfortable juggling a variety of tasks in a dynamic, fast – paced operational environment
As an experienced Principal ESG Consultant your main responsibilities would be:
- Developing compelling sustainability reports that tell clients sustainability story while also ensuring alignment with the appropriate ESG disclosure standards
- Delivering comprehensive ESG materiality assessment processes (including impact, finance and double materiality) tailored to each client’s unique needs
- Leading stakeholder engagement exercises including conducting interviews, surveys and workshops to gather valuable input for sustainability report and materiality processes
- Analysing ESG data and to identify trends, risks and opportunities relevant to each client
- Collaborating with clients to integrate material ESG issues into their corporate strategies
- Acting as the client lead for key projects, building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Staying up to date with evolving ESG regulations and industry best?
- Mentoring and guide junior consultants, providing leadership and expertise in Sustainability Reporting
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering complex ESG reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Post graduate degree preferably in Environmental Sciences, Sustainability or Financial Communications.
- Project Management Certificate would be beneficial.
- At least 5 years’ experience in copywriting or editing for publication.
- Proficiency in adapting writing for audience.
- 10 or more years relevant experience in sustainability consulting or similar. Experience and knowledge of the resources industry (mining sector, oil and gas and renewables) would be helpful.
- Prepared to obtain vaccinations that may be required by clients and for travel purposes.
- Prepared to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you meet the above criteria.
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.