Do you want to join our Geo-data revolution? Fugro’s global reach and unique know-how will put the world at your fingertips. Our love of exploration and technical expertise help us to provide our clients with invaluable insights. We source and make sense of the most relevant Geo-data for their needs, so they can design, build and operate their assets more safely, sustainably and efficiently. But we’re always looking for new talent to take the next step with us. For bright minds who enjoy meaningful work and want to push our pioneering spirit further. For individuals who can take the initiative but work well within a team.
As a Principal Marine Environmental Consultant you will support Fugro’s coastal and offshore infrastructure projects within the UK and overseas. This will include the coordination of EIA projects, management of consent commitments, review and delivery of technical environmental reports and client and stakeholder liaison and networking. In collaboration with the Department Head, you will coordinate with other disciplines and across wider Fugro, to identify and support multi-disciplinary business opportunities. In addition, Fugro has an active innovation programme and for the right candidate, there may be a requirement to contribute to Fugro’s innovation projects and wider collaborations with industry partners particularly in respect of sustainability and marine biodiversity.
Who we’re looking for
You will have 10 years or more experience of marine EIA and will be able to demonstrate successful delivery of EIA reports in one or more marine industry. Drawing on your network of client and stakeholder contacts, you will have detailed knowledge of EIA requirements and will be cognisant of current key marine environmental themes, industry trends and concerns. Experience of preparing Environmental Management Plans and Environmental Monitoring Plans will be an advantage. Particular skills and experience will include:
- Post-graduate qualification in an environmental discipline
- Knowledge of marine environmental legislation and consent along with licensing processes of coastal and offshore infrastructure.
- Specialist expertise in a relevant discipline, for example benthic ecology, marine mammals or ornithology.
- Liaison with and commissioning of other technical specialists such as underwater noise, hydrodynamic modellers, marine survey specialists or marine archaeologists.
- Client advocacy including representation at regulator and stakeholder meetings and public hearings.
- Business development and preparation of business proposals.
What we offer
Fugro provides a positive work environment as well as projects that will satisfy the most curious minds. We also offer great opportunities to stretch and develop yourself. By giving you the freedom to grow faster, we think you’ll be able to do what you do best, better. Which should help us to find fresh ways to get to know the earth better. We encourage you to be yourself at Fugro. So bring your energy and enthusiasm, your keen eye and can-do attitude. But bring your questions and opinions too. Because to be the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, we need the strength in depth that comes from a diverse, driven team.
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally.
- Competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including car allowance, contributory pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance.
- Flexible and hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave.
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave.
- Opportunity to lease a discounted electric car.
- Free parking.
At Fugro, our people are our superpower. Their variety of viewpoints, experiences, knowledge and talents give us collective strength. Distinctive beliefs and diverse backgrounds are therefore welcome, but discrimination, harassment, inappropriate behaviour and unfair treatment are not. Everybody is to be well-supported and treated fairly. And everyone must be valued and have their voice heard. Crucially, we believe that getting this right brings a sense of belonging, of safety and acceptance, that makes us feel more connected to Fugro’s purpose ‘together create a safe and liveable world’ – and to each other.