Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: £34,980 to £42,978
Closing Date: Sunday 25 February 2024
Interview Date: Wednesday 13 March 2024
Are you passionate about Sustainability? Would you like a role that really makes a difference?
We are part of the National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) Co-ordinating Centre, and we support NIHR’s mission to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research. As a co-ordinating centre, we are hosted within the School of Healthcare, Enterprise and Innovation, here at the University of Southampton.
The National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) is committed to a transformational programme to address carbon reduction, and understand the impact of a changing climate on health, with implications for our strategies, systems, processes and culture. To support NIHR’s approach to climate, health and sustainability, we are appointing to a new role of Sustainability Programme Manger.
What is the role?
Climate change is a major challenge to public health in the UK and globally, which risks increasing health inequalities, and the NIHR recognises the key role it must play in driving and promoting change in this area. The sustainability programme of work relates to all NIHR activity around climate, health and sustainability. To help deliver this work you will:
- Manage and deliver a programme of climate, health and sustainability activity
- Building and maintaining positive relationships at all levels across the NIHR
- Carry out detailed assessment and analysis of issues and problems, using specialist knowledge to identify and recommend appropriate solutions
- Rationalising and communicating complex problems/issues and taking or recommending appropriate action.
- Administrative duties as required
We work in a hybrid way to support your work-life balance. We strive for cohesive and collaborative teams so our expectation is you spend around 20% of your time in the office.
Who are we looking for?
As well as clearly being passionate for this area of work, we are looking for a candidate with relevant knowledge and experience relating to sustainability. Some of the key skills to be successful in this role include:
- Able to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others
- Ability to plan and oversee multiple projects within a diverse portfolio
- Ability to plan and organise your own workload
- Relevant knowledge/experience relating to climate, health and sustainability
If you have any queries or would like an informal chat please contact Dr Sophie Lentzos email@example.com
We believe equality, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a welcoming, vibrant and successful organisation. Having a diverse workforce, inclusive of people of all ages and beliefs, from different racial backgrounds, educational and social backgrounds opens up a wealth of possibilities, makes us more creative and accelerates our impact on society. We welcome applicants that value diversity of our community and are willing to play their part in supporting the mission of inclusivity.