For generations we have managed thousands of square miles of the nation’s countryside and coastline. As the world tackles the current climate and biodiversity crises our forestry, natural capital and sustainable investment teams are delivering nature-based solutions to help preserve the planet for the future. Do you want to make a difference?
If so, we are recruiting for an experienced Associate, Natural Capital Consultant to join our Natural Capital & Sustainable Investment team in Scotland. This is an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking, experienced professional to join our already established, successful team.
The role involves working with new and existing landowners to help them integrate new natural capital revenue streams into their business models, as well as recording and communicating the environmental benefits they are delivering through their land management. No two weeks are the same – work will include project management, effective communication of numerous parties, report writing and business development.
This is a wide-ranging position that involves collaboration with multiple Bidwells teams including Forestry, Planning, Energy and Renewables and Estate Management & Professional, the core of this position centres around environmental land management and helping Bidwells’ clients to understand and navigate the transition to being net-zero, nature positive rural businesses.
Detailed knowledge of natural capital markets, ecology and biodiversity is essential, as is understanding how these areas interact with traditional land-based industries such as agriculture, forestry, renewable energy, planning and tourism. Although a degree is important to us, so is proven work experience in a similar role.
- Carbon consultancy
- Business development
- Strategic land management plans
- Winning grants and funding awards (e.g. Riverwoods, FIRNS, NRF, etc.)
- Creating investment partnerships
- Advising on natural capital markets
- Baselining, monitoring and reporting
- Ecological restoration and biodiversity uplift
- Proven experience in a natural capital or sustainable investment position
- Educated to degree standard or have equivalent direct industry experience
- Experience of the Woodland Carbon Code, practical application of BNG or other similar schemes
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Able to work effectively as a key part of a small team
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Passionate about nature and the outdoor environment
- Clear analytical thinker