Are you motivated by the reward of delivering on our Climate Change priorities?
An exceptional opportunity to join Forest of Dean District Council as a Low Carbon Business Advisor, playing a pivotal role in providing high quality advice to promote and enhance low carbon investment in small and medium sized businesses. The clock is ticking on tackling climate change. Now is the time for action. We want a passionate adviser to spearhead carbon reduction in the ‘race to net zero’ using an innovative and ‘solutions focused’ approach.
This ‘fixed term’ contract offers the flexibility of working within our offices at Coleford and agile working, allowing you that extra flexibility and work life balance. We will also consider part-time and full-time candidates for this role.
Do you have the ability to influence and support businesses in getting to Net Zero?
Our Climate Change team is fundamental to the success of the council’s ambition for a sustainable future, and we are committed to leading on the climate and ecological emergencies in our area. Our focus is to enable our communities in the Forest of Dean to thrive, creating great places for people to live, work, learn and enjoy a safe and sustainable future.
As a Low Carbon Business Advisor, you will be integral in collaborating with a variety of small and medium sized businesses, across the local area, to facilitate positive low energy and carbon outcomes. From conducting energy audits, advising on decarbonisation planning to promoting investment in renewable energy generation, you will be pivotal in driving and influencing sustainable change, and will have a genuine impact on delivering cleaner, greener businesses and the ecosystems around them. Providing funding advice and signposting businesses to existing grants and funding sources will also be a core part of the role.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need the ability to engage, inform and influence low carbon transformation, across different audiences, with varying levels of knowledge or initial interest. You will also need to be a technical specialist with the ability to turn technical concepts into straightforward and impactful business propositions.
You will be working closely with a variety of different partners and stakeholders across the district, including the Forest Economic Partnership. You will also play a crucial role in delivering the Council’s Climate Emergency Strategy and Action Plan, by promoting and facilitating investment in energy efficiency and renewable energy generation.
You will need:
- A qualification in your area of expertise, equivalent to a degree or relevant experience of at least five years
- An appropriate energy audit certification/qualification or a commitment to obtaining one
- Experience of working flexibly as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues and external stakeholders;
- Experience of being involved in continuously improving services and developing solutions to multi-faceted challenges
- The ability to meet targets and demonstrate progress towards decarbonisation objectives
- The ability to remain calm and confident when dealing with challenging customers and environments
- Strong inter-personal communication and report writing skills
What can we do for you:
- Agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- Flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 27 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- Health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- Pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car lease scheme with huge tax and NI savings to be made on electric cars
- Access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
- Generous sickness cover above statutory entitlements
- Additional income protection, covering 50% of your salary for potentially a further five years if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- Life assurance, currently four times your annual salary
To apply for this position please click on “apply now” within this page to complete an application form and supporting statement together with your CV. Please tell us about your skills, knowledge, qualifications, experience and how they meet the criteria listed above and in the job description/person specification. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so let us know what’s important to you and why you want to work for Publica Group Ltd. Your CV will not be available to the hiring manager unless you are shortlisted for interview to assist with our non-biased screening process so please ensure you complete the application form in full.
It is important that our staff reflect the diversity of our community, and we therefore welcome and encourage applications from people of all genders and sexual orientation, those from Black, Asian, and other minority ethnic backgrounds, and those with disabilities.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies – Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults, young people and children. Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.