We are looking for some to come on board to be responsible for developing and delivering CPIs Pharma and Health Tech Sustainability Strategy and tactical implementation plan, which support the industry as it drives to achieve its Net Zero commitments.
Through working collaboratively with colleagues, partners and stakeholders across the sectors, you will be responsible for coordinating an ambitious programme of work which demonstrates both delivery and thought leadership to the Pharma and Health Tech sectors.
Externally, you will be responsible for working with expert groups, Industry bodies and regulators to drive and promote innovate manufacturing technologies, supply chain excellence, drive the circular economy within healthcare and promote low carbon, energy efficient facility design.
Key tasks in the role will include (but are not limited to the below), please download the job description for full details available on the CPI careers page:
- Embrace and role model the desired behaviours to exemplify our Company values, promoting an ethical, positive company culture.
- To maintain consistent and documented compliance with all relevant Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Data Integrity (DI), quality and best practice requirements.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- To work collaboratively with Pharma and Health Tech leadership team to develop a Sustainability Roadmap that supports the Industry Net Zero ambition.
- Work collaboratively with Key leaders in the Pharma sector to identify areas that CPI Pharma can, through GC, CR&D and fee for service programmes accelerate delivery of Net Zero medicines manufacture, supply and use.
- Working with Industry, academia and key trade bodies advocate for policy interventions that support the UKs journey to deliver a Net Zero pharmaceutical manufacturing supply chain. This will include how the industry sources and reuses raw materials, chemical intermediates, APIs and packaging materials.
- Drive the alignment of CPI’s programmes with various Industry facing organisations, such as the HVM Catapult centres, Trade bodies such as the ABPI, BIA and MMIP to unsure best practices in sustainability manufacturing are deployed across the global industry.
- Develop a sustainability Roadmap in conjunction with the MMIP sustainability subgroup that supports the alignment of the Industry Net Zero activities.
- The role will have responsibilities for the development and delivery of our international sustainability activities including our NCL programme in India.
- To build organisational capabilities within CPI’s Pharma teams. Identify gaps and adopt appropriate educational initiatives for upskilling and/or sourcing the missing capabilities.
- To provide guidance and direction to the Grand Challenge and Technical teams to ensure that our programmes maximise their potential to deliver sustainable innovated therapeutics.
- To demonstrate the potential of CPIs programmes to the industry and identify systemic gaps/opportunities, which could form the basis of a project / grand challenge through ESG benchmark, monitoring and reporting.
- To regularly report to the leadership team on progress towards goals and objectives, working with a cross-section of teams to review progress and set clear action plans.
- To provide annual sustainability led data to support CPI’s transition to Triple Bottom Line reporting.
- Represent CPI Pharma at conferences as a speaker / panel member.
The person we are seeking
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant Science or Engineering subject area or qualification in Environmental and/or Sustainability or substantial relevant industry experience.
- Significant experience in driving sustainability agenda within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working at a senior level to gain credibility with senior pharmaceutical industry leaders.
- Operational experiencing in API / Medicines manufacturing, though understanding of the Pharma manufacturing supply chain.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering and making a significant contributions to organisations Net Zero journey, both measurement and reporting and sustainability / carbon reduction programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a cross-functional discipline and taking a leading role in implementing new initiatives. A natural leader, with influential stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of Sustainability Management Systems, certifications and standards.
- Ability to translate those Standards into operational plans.
It would be great if you also had:
- Evidence of continued professional development, for example membership of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) or willingness to work towards.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.