In 2022, Kedrion joined forces with BPL (Bio Products Laboratory), a UK-based company with over 60 years of experience in the supply of high-quality plasma-derived medicines to treat rare diseases.
Kedrion is a global player in plasma derivatives and rare disease medicines employing more than 4,800 people worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Global Environmental Sustainability Manager to join Kedrion Group at our UK base in Elstree, Borehamwood.
This role collaborates with the internal community of Environment, Social, Governance (ESG) experts, leads the Sustainability Program deployment aimed to reduce carbon emission by 55% due 2030 and sets the business requirements to achieve net-zero emissions target.
The position is highly strategic and requires robust background and strong experience in environmental sustainability work. This is a unique opportunity to shape Kedrion’s decarbonization strategy and work with senior leaders across the organization to drive long-term impact.
The successful candidate will be able to give timely and efficient advice – from a regulatory perspective – to the business regarding environmental, sustainability, and climate change issues, ensuring that compliance with environmental and energy legislation is met, by assessing current business practices and developing guidance to improve and meet environmental and energy targets.
- Liaise with the Corporate ESG function to align on company business objectives regarding Sustainability within Operations Business Unit.
- Set-up and plan the Kedrion’s Environmental Sustainability strategy and roadmap (incl. carbon, water, waste/circularity and nature/biodiversity).
- Independently drive and coordinate Environmental Sustainability program, reporting directly into the Global Operations Steering Committee, aimed to achieve the 2030 intermediate target of 55% carbon emissions reduction and the final net-zero emissions goal.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate progress on Kedrion’s environmental sustainability targets (incl. net-zero emissions); drive continuous improvement by providing expert guidance across different business functions.
- With reference to carbon footprint, environmental, sustainability, and climate change topics, keep up-to-date with the latest legislation, the regulatory and legal changes and drive the necessary adaptation of the Company activities to those changes; perform compliance audits and regulatory compliance assessments with the support of external specialized consultants.
- Be on the forefront of knowledge in the environmental sustainability milieu within the industry; be aware of evolving environmental regulations, standards and industry trends; manage external stakeholders; generate strategic insights based on best-in-class analysis, distill outputs and recommendations which enable informed decisions of top-level leaders.
- Participate in industry groups, represent Kedrion in external discussions and propose technical and operations standards for our industry and our company.
- Develop annual strategy update on Environmental Sustainability, as part of the annual corporate reporting process to Executive Management and Board and to external stakeholders.
Key Job Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering (Chemical or Environmental preferred); MD, PhD or MBA preferred or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Strong expert knowledge of Environmental Sustainability and Energy Management topics and practices (carbon, water, waste/circularity, nature/biodiversity), including key trends, standards and frameworks (incl. science-based targets).
- Proven knowledge of International Environmental and Energy Legislation.
- Understanding of relevant environmental regulatory standards and the process of implementation (e.g., ISO 14001 and 50001).
- Proven track record of concrete achievements in environmental sustainability projects and strategy work, driving and influencing corporates’ environmental sustainability agenda. Demonstrable work experience and relevant experience gained in environmental sustainability.
- Extensive project and program management experience in strategic projects; management consulting background preferred (equal to engagement manager or associate principal level) or other relevant extensive work experience.
- Ability to develop and manage projects with high quality, interact with senior management, lead cross-functional project teams and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Practical experience in conducting environmental audits and due diligence activities.
- Ability to develop presentations for senior management, communicate and present clearly and make strategic recommendations.
- High proficiency in English – both written and oral.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry (industry knowledge).
In return we offer –
- Competitive salary, and benefits to include a performance related bonus
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- On-site parking and a subsidised restaurant
Please apply today for immediate consideration.