As an Ethics & Sustainability Officer, Planning and Performance, you will directly support the delivery of the JLP strategy for Ethics & Sustainability (E&S), in line with the wider business strategy and Purpose.
This will be a varied role as you will support delivery of the Partnership’s E&S strategy through completing general administration to support the goals of the E&S team, as well as varied and independent initiatives or projects. You will work on each initiative for a set period of time, as determined by the E&S Manager, Performance & Engagement, and at any time may be expected to work within your home area of Planning & Performance, or across any of the three pillars of E&S within the Partnership; Environment, Agriculture & Responsible Sourcing, and Social Impact & Health. You will be working on projects from across the Partnership, including John Lewis, Waitrose, and pan-Partnership activities. Projects will vary and may include for example; working with stakeholders to embed a new E&S process, developing guidance or training for other teams, managing data and providing recommendations to enhance and differentiate the Partnership’s position as a market leader in E&S, delivering new customer-facing initiatives, or events management.
You will work with the Ethics & Sustainability team, and Partners across the business, to deliver the commercial and market advantage that the E&S opportunity provides. You will be customer-focused with the aim of ensuring that customers are more engaged than ever, responding positively to our initiatives and challenging us to go further.
You will have a passion for a broad range of sustainability areas, be quick to learn and build strong new relationships, and have a proven record of delivering multiple outcomes at pace.
You will be;
- Working flexibly across any area of the E&S team to deliver specific outcomes and support in peaks of work
- Project scoping, delivery, management and support
- Data collection, analysis, reporting, communications as required. Using your data analysis skills to develop reports and make recommendations.
- Engaging with Head Office Partners, suppliers or branches to improve compliance or engagement on a specific subject
- Making recommendations for embedding specific initiatives into ‘business as usual’
- Developing internal and external communications material as required, including presentations, briefing and guidance packs, website content, letters and meeting papers. Supporting the delivery of stakeholder events ensuring they meet the standards expected of the Partnership.
- Conducting research for internal and external horizon scanning, strategy formulation and policy development.
- Providing general administration support for the E&S team including project management and meeting support.
Please note when reading the role profile document that the E&S Officer role varies according to the part of the E&S team in which an individual Partner is working, and that the role you will be applying for is within the Planning & Performance part of the team, so please refer to this section at the end of the job outline, where the specific accountabilities are listed.
This is a hybrid working role, therefore your time will primarily be split between working from home and the London or Bracknell Head Offices.
- Experience of application of E&S in a business context
- Ability to complete complex work at pace, and also act on your own initiative. A goal-oriented mindset
- Excellent organisational skills. Demonstrable ability to rapidly assimilate and organise info. Comfortable with new information and ambiguity
- Strong team player with excellent people skills. Experience working with a network of stakeholders, and an ability to build relationships quickly
- Good IT, GSuite knowledge and data analysis skills
- Good written and verbal communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in multiple areas of E&S; Environment, Agriculture & Responsible Sourcing, Social Impact & Health
Benefits of the Partnership
- You will enjoy 25% discount at John Lewis and 20% in Waitrose
- The Partnership has a competitive pension scheme where your contributions will be matched by the Partnership (up to 8% of pay)
- Excellent work-life balance, including a focus on well-being and flexible working and our marketing leading equal parenthood leave Policy
- Find out more about the extensive range of exciting benefits that you could enjoy when you join us on our website under About the Partnership; Benefits LINK