Are you interested in the transition to a low carbon future? Do you have a passion for sustainability? Do you want to make a difference?
We are looking for a motivated stakeholder / relationship manager with knowledge and/or background in sustainability (or similar discipline) to join our low carbon consulting team.
At Gemserv, we are actively working on supporting our clients understand and explore how they can achieve net zero potential. Our work spans across variety of sectors and geographies, where we help our clients understand how policy and regulation could impact their organisations. We deliver multi-million pound funding schemes supporting innovative low carbon technologies and provide bespoke support to businesses looking to fast-track their decarbonisation objectives. We also help them influence government policy and react to forthcoming regulatory changes.
In this fast placed and dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to work across a portfolio of clients including trade associations, manufacturers, local authorities, and national government across the sustainability debates. You will help us reach across the low carbon sector and bring together stakeholders to discuss important topics such as heat decarbonisation, hydrogen, energy efficiency, green skills and the circular economy. You will enable the development of new and existing relationships across the UK. You will work alongside an experienced team of subject matter experts with backgrounds in economics, supply chains, engineering, politics, and sustainability.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated interest in our work and experience in workshop facilitation, stakeholder engagement strategies, and relationship management. Candidates must be organised and methodical whilst also having the ability to manage workloads. Technical understanding of low carbon solutions, green technologies and supply chain would be valuable. Experience working within our core sectors would be advantageous.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder databases and project pipelines.
- Stakeholder mapping to identify and analyse key stakeholders to assess their interest and influence.
- Research low carbon policies across the energy in buildings sector.
- Raise awareness of government funding schemes via co-ordinated stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Generate new enquiries about the programmes we manage.
- Actively promote the programmes we support and disseminate information to target audiences.
- Report on the impact and success of engagement strategies.
- Act as a single point of contact for stakeholders and manage relationships to build trust and triage enquiries to subject matter experts in the team.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate workshops.
- Develop workshop collateral and presentation materials.
- Identify and implement innovative methods for visualising data and presenting findings in an impactful way to engage stakeholders.
- Deploy innovative solutions to encouraging discussion and debate within workshop settings (online and in person).
Competitive salary, depending on experience plus a excellent benefits package
Successful candidates will also need:
- Experience and qualifications – the successful applicant will be educated to degree level and preferably would have some experience working in a related field developing stakeholder engagement / relationship building strategies. It would be advantageous for candidates to have an existing network within the low carbon sector or an understanding of the market.
- Communication – we need to be able to convert complex issues into easily understood materials and ensure that stakeholders understand what this means for them. Attention to detail and the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate written documentation is essential. You will also need excellent oral communication skills and feel confident communicating your ideas appropriately at all levels of the organisations that we engage with.
- Organisation and time management – the successful applicant will be engaged, organised, and motivated to deliver high quality outputs.
- Relationship building – an important part of the role is to develop relationships with clients, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders as required. You will be able to build strong relationships internally and externally; you will be a successful team player who is committed to working collaboratively.
- Passion and dedication – we are passionate about the low carbon transition, and we are dedicated to ensuring that the future of our planet is both different and better and we want you to share that passion. The successful applicant will demonstrate a desire to support the move to a greener economy.