NFU Energy is one of the UK’s leading and trusted providers of sustainable energy solutions, offering a diverse array of services designed to meet the evolving needs of agricultural and horticultural enterprises, as well as public and private sector organisations.
We are now seeking an Energy Compliance Consultant to join our Technical Delivery team. The primary aim for this role is to deliver and support NFU Energy’s project and consultancy services in relation to energy compliance schemes such as the Renewable Heat Incentive, Renewable Obligation Certificates, Feed in Tariff, Combined Heat and Power Quality Assurance, among others. This is a client facing role with a requirement to attend site visits regularly and communicate effectively with our clients and service providers.
Working closely with experienced Senior Project Engineers, the role will focus on but not be limited to providing guidance and practical support to our clients to ensure their energy generating systems continue to meet the diverse and complex regulations set out by these schemes. You will also be required to support other technical delivery teams to ensure our clients’ energy related projects and services are delivered on time and to the high standard we set.
You will have some experience in a similar technical consultancy role, with the ability to process and analyse data and communicate well, with a good understanding of wide range of renewable technologies. You may be looking for an opportunity to step into a career in renewable energy and sustainability, either having already gained some relevant experience or qualifications, or from a similar role in a different industry. Whatever your circumstances, the ability to learn quickly, understand technical and regulatory requirements, and adapt to demanding workloads will be essential, as well as being able to communicate effectively and clearly with different stakeholders.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and interpreting energy, energy cost and carbon equivalent data.
- Site visits to verify compliance with relevant schemes.
- Compiling, modelling and quantifying all relevant data.
- Collaborate with relevant energy industry suppliers and service providers, including Ofgem.
- Writing the relevant findings into informative and implementable reports.
- Project management and administration.
- Client facing communications.
You will be based at our office in Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A qualification in energy, engineering, agriculture, or environmental sciences, and/or, significant technical experience delivering energy projects & services to a diverse client base.
- Good mathematical skills
- Some experience in a delivery role.
- Ability to analyse & quantify data & information, including regulatory requirements and standards.
- Good organisational, reporting and time management skills.
- Some knowledge of the UK energy sector and energy generation systems.
- Experience of delivering to pre-determined standards & processes.
You will also need to:
- Hold a full, clean driving licence
- Have intermediate Excel skills
- Be willing to travel with potential overnight stays
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess demonstrable problem solving skills
In return you will receive a competitive salary £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), plus company benefits including pension, group life assurance (3 times salary), NFU membership, SimplyHealth Cash Plan, and more.
We support work-life balance and operate a hybrid working policy with a mixture of home and office working, with access to mental health support. Our company values are employee focused; we believe in nurturing professionalism and resourcefulness in a united and inclusive work environment.
How to apply
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV with your application.