We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Director of Sustainability and Quality and you’ll be a big part of this.
The Director of Sustainability and Quality position plays key role in setting our commercial sustainability strategy and responsible business agenda. Our quality and sustainability team meet the customer needs and understand feedback to ensure ongoing safety, development and improvement of products and ranges, ensuring our supplier meet ours and the customers quality and sustainability requirements.
The Director of Sustainability & Quality (S&Q) will lead the Sustainability strategy & overall roadmap, ensuring it’s delivery across B&Q. The role would be expected to build, own and inspire the business in our roadmap to Carbon Net Zero. It’s an exciting step for B&Q to bring in more expertise into the business to lead an important pillar of our strategy. They would be accountable for:
- Leading the B&Q Commercial Sustainability strategy, its ongoing evolution & the roadmap to guarantee its delivery. Works with key stakeholders, including the B&Q Board to ensure that this strategy is aligned. Ensures that the strategy is developed in line with legislation and best practice to meet the requirements of all key stakeholders.
- Building the long term sustainability plan in conjunction with Kingfisher centre of excellence, defining key milestones and metrics to track delivery of the overall strategy. Implements appropriate governance to track delivery of the plan, identify risks to achieving key targets & hold key stakeholders to account.
- Collaborates and coaches the buying function to build category and product plans, which deliver B&Q’s carbon scope 3 objectives.
- In conjunction with the Internal Communication, PR and Marketing teams, leads on internal and external engagement with colleagues, peers, Board, ESG investors, media and government bodies.
- Acts as a deep ‘subject matter expert’ / thought leader on overall Sustainability topics. Horizon scanning & external benchmarking to shape & influence B&Q priorities.
- Leads the QA team in the delivery of robust product standards, ensuring that all B&Q products are compliant to relevant regulatory and legislative requirements, and are in line with internally set targets.
- Create and lead a high performing S&Q function, Budget management & team management & setting team priorities, resources etc. Attract, retain and develop functional experts. Lead & influence effective crossbanner/functional networks to share best practice & inspire performance.
- Accountable for ensuring new business models (e.g. new franchise partners, Marketplace vendors) embed Sustainability requirements and standards.
To deliver this role you will be required to have the following experience:
- Strong track record of corporate responsibility leadership experience
- Technical knowledge and experience in sustainability reporting and relevant ESG standards
- Experience of leading community & corporate partnerships & strategies
- Team and network leadership skills, experience of working in a matrix structure and able to lead effectively in this framework
- Experience of having led a corporate responsibility communications strategy
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.