The Corporate Sustainability Manager will work closely with the Head of ESG and Sustainability, Sustainability Social Value Manager, and other stakeholders to support the delivery of LSH’s corporate commitments. The Manager will be responsible for collating data to lead the reporting and measuring of carbon footprint associated with the business operations. The Manager will be an expert of Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Social Value, ideally using metrics such as in the National TOMs framework. The Manager will have strong writing skills to support the creation of policies and bid responses relating to ESG & Sustainability corporate objectives. The Manager will be responsible for internal stakeholder engagement and external outreach working with marketing and implement initiatives to support corporate strategies.
- Collaborate with the Head of ESG and Sustainability, Sustainability Social Value Manager, and other stakeholders to support the delivery of LSH’s corporate commitments.
- Lead the upkeep of our Planet Mark Net Zero accreditation, by collecting and analysing data to support the reporting of carbon footprint associated with business operations.
- Coordinate LSH’s sustainability initiatives and lead the Sustainability Champions Group.
- Supporting marketing department to enhance our internal and external sustainability narrative through the creation of collaterals, blogs and communication campaigns.
- Engage with suppliers to ensure sustainability and ethical considerations are incorporated into procurement and supplier management processes.
- Establish sustainable procurement initiatives and maintain our scope 3 data collection and reporting up to date.
- Manage our external ESG ratings questionnaire process, for example CDP, Ecovadis or equivalent.
- Support the disclosure and reporting of Group’s carbon and energy data, such as ESOS and SECR.
- Coordinate ESG & Sustainability training initiatives for internal teams.
- Further develop and maintain LSH waste policy and objectives delivery, in line with ISO14001 requirements.
- Develop Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Social Value policies.
- Lead the production of our annual Social Value reporting in line with UN SDGs, ideally showcasing experience using the National TOMs framework.
- Support bid and tender responses relating to ESG & Sustainability service delivery, as well as corporate objectives.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to implement initiatives to support corporate strategy.
- Stay current on sustainability best practices and emerging trends.
- A self-starter trait.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5 years of experience in a similar corporate sustainability role.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Carbon reporting, Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Social Value, ideally experience using the National TOMs framework.
- Knowledge of circular economy principles and the waste hierarchy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Experience with marketing and supplier engagement.
- Knowledge of sustainability-focused communication campaigns.
- Strong understanding of corporate strategy and the ability to implement initiatives to support it.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the manager’s position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Lambert Smith Hampton. We celebrate the different perspectives and insights that people can bring through their cultures and backgrounds. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.