2Excel Aviation Ltd is the industry leader in specialised and innovative solutions for aviation’s most complex challenges. Our success is based on the talented and experienced people that make up our workforce.
We have created this new role to support the further development and implementation of our Sustainability Action Plan, whilst supporting the successful candidate to attain a Level 4 apprenticeship in Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Practitioner. This apprenticeship is one of just six hand-picked by industry experts to mark the Coronation of King Charles III in recognition of their sustainability credentials.
Mentored by the Sustainability Manager, the successful applicant will be fully supported and empowered to grow and develop within the role through a blend of study and on-the-job learning. Whilst learning about corporate responsibility and sustainability, skills will also be developed across practical aspects such as environmental management, social value and community involvement.
Previous working experience in the subject is not required, but it is vital for a Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Practitioner to be passionate about social and environmental change, alongside a strong work ethic and commitment to develop their knowledge and skills across a wide range of environmental, social and sustainability topics.
In addition to full support and working experience aligned to the Institute of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Competency Framework, wider industry experience will be gained through:
- Supporting the Sustainability Manager and ESG Steering Group to deliver on the sustainability strategies
- Developing operational environmental management knowledge to support the maintenance and continuous improvement of our ISO 14001:2015 accreditation
- Supporting behavior change through process improvements and efficiency campaigns
- Developing auditing skills to maintain and continuously improve environmental compliance
- Supporting the planning and facilitation of community involvement initiatives
- Working with the Communications Team to help promote our sustainability initiatives and achievements for internal and external communications
- Supporting the further development of our Sustainability Working Group
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum education requirement is grade A-C or 4-9 GCSE in Maths and English
- Good written and communication skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
Skills & Behaviours:
- Genuine passion for positive environmental and social change
- A passion or interest for aviation and aerospace
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
2Excel is committed to promoting equitable treatment, encouraging diversity, and embracing inclusion in our recruitment processes and workforce. We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Employer.