We are living through a climate emergency, where our actions and behaviours are having a devastating impact on the planet. ReLondon is a partnership of the Mayor of London and the London boroughs to transform the city into a low carbon circular economy, with a mission to revolutionise our relationship with stuff and help London waste less and reuse, repair, share and recycle more.
We are looking for a bright and dynamic communications and campaigns assistant to provide cross-team support on our engaging corporate communications and behaviour change campaigns.
You do not need lots of experience, but you should be highly motivated and a quick learner with a passion for communications and the environment. You’ll need to have great written and verbal skills, attention to detail alongside some creative flair.
You will provide support across the team which will give you the opportunity to learn and develop a range of skills. You will assist in creating and scheduling content for social media platforms and the web; logistical planning and delivery of online and in person events; and monitoring and evaluation. You will also provide general administrative support for stakeholder engagement (partners, clients and funders) as well as project and budget management.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist with day to day delivery of corporate communications and behaviour change campaign activity, from creative content production to liaising with suppliers and monitoring budgets.
- Assist with all aspects of communications planning, ensuring that milestones and timelines are kept up to date in core team planners and calendars.
- In consultation with campaign leads and the corporate communications manager, create and schedule content for LinkedIn, Threads, Instagram and other appropriate social media platforms in order to grow our campaigns,
engage directly with citizens on behavioural messages, and promote our reports, briefings, announcements, events and recruitment activity on the corporate channels.
- Assist with a wide range of both citizen-facing and corporate in-person events, updating events pages on the website, handling registration and ticketing processes, and producing events collateral (including slide
presentations for ReLondon speakers).
- Maintain and update the ReLondon and other campaign websites, in collaboration with the campaign leads and corporate communications manager.
- Maintain and update ReLondon’s monthly media grid in collaboration with the corporate communications manager.
- Create data visualisations including charts and infographics for the website and corporate communications channels.
- Assist the whole communications team with keeping the CRM up-to-date and producing contact reports and stakeholder lists when needed.
- Provide research and evaluation support including doing the communications team inputs to the impact reporting system; and the production, distribution and analysis of post-event surveys.
- Provide financial administration and other support to the whole communications team as needed.
- Help with ad hoc diary management and help set up key stakeholder meetings for the whole communications team.
knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in teams and delivering to tight deadlines
- Experience of event management (not necessarily in a corporate context)
- Understanding of London and its diverse social and demographic mix
Skills and aptitudes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in developing a career in communications
- Digital native with proficiency across key social media platforms (Instagram, X, Threads, LinkedIn and TikTok)
- Passion for environmental issues
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- Very good attention to detail and organisational skills
- Willingness to get stuck in and eagerness to learn
- An understanding of and interest in the public policy and media landscape
- Experience writing for an external audience
- Familiarity with Adobe production packages, particularly InDesign and Photoshop
- Familiarity with website content management systems (particularly WordPress)