Join the planet’s most important fight
Normative is now looking for a Climate Strategy Business Development Advisor to our London office.
Normative is accelerating the transition to a net zero world. We provide science-based carbon accounting software and tailored advice from net zero experts, enabling companies to reduce their carbon footprints.
Our Climate Strategy team combines people skills and sustainability smarts to steer companies toward net zero. Climate Strategy works hands-on with our customers to measure emissions, identify emissions hotspots, and begin highest-impact reduction efforts. In no other position at Normative are the results so apparent – Climate Strategy has a front-row seat as the emissions reductions unfold.
As Climate Strategy Business Development Advisor, you will play a crucial role in leveraging our carbon accounting skills and broader climate expertise to support the sales team in reaching our commercial goals.
What you will do at Normative to aid the transition towards net zero emissions:
Commercial responsibilities (80%):
- Directly support the sales team to respond to proposals and client presentations covering the technical aspects of carbon accounting and net-zero journey.
- Ensure that the solution being proposed is capable of delivering to the client requirements.
- Support sales calls and meetings as the climate strategy technical lead.
- Understanding and translating prospect challenges and Climate Strategy technical requirements.
Climate Strategy Advisory responsibilities (20%):
- Managing a limited portfolio of customers. You will advise them on their carbon footprints and act as a thought leader that educates on carbon measurement, target setting, carbon reduction, and carbon investments. You guide their path towards a net-zero future.
- Conveying the voice of our customers and prospects; fostering synergies and alignment between our customers and our product.
Experience we’re seeking:
- 3+ years experience in a role as a sustainability consultant or similar where you are used to supporting and communicating with external stakeholders
- Solid experience in working with GHG accounting and GHG protocol; experience within carbon offsets is considered beneficial
- A BSc/MSc in Sustainability or other relevant field
Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
We also believe you display:
- Commercial acumen
- A talent to articulate technical solutions to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Strong customer focus
- Relationships building skills, both towards internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritize workload to accordingly to meet the overarching commercial goals
We operate on a hybrid remote model with offices in Stockholm, Copenhagen and London. We believe that you are based in London and can be in the London office 2 to 3 days a week, with the possibility to work the remaining days remotely when it is more suitable for you and your work schedule.