For 25+ years Greenbelt Group has been the UKs leading specialist in the stewardship of public open spaces, providing long-term, high-quality management solutions for outdoor areas and amenities on new residential developments.
We own and manage the public open space on over 1,000 developments across the UK with several hundred more already signed up to our management services in the coming years. Many of these sites incorporate designated habitats for wildlife with a requirement to be managed / monitored carefully. With the onset of Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) becoming mandatory in England and Wales,
Greenbelt Group will be procuring many more habitat rich sites that will require BNG specific management. We are looking to recruit someone with a qualification in Ecology or Sustainable Land Manager, to support / advise on Greenbelt Group’s own management requirements and also assist in promoting our services to clients and key industry stakeholders.
Overall Summary and Purpose of the Role:
- To maintain existing key client relationships and create new ones in order to promote Greenbelt Group’s long-term stewardship and BNG services.
- Be aware and understanding of any Ecological legislation impacting our industry ensuring we are compliant at all times.
- Develop handover, monitoring and management plans/policies for existing ecologically sensitive and future BNG designated open spaces/development.
- Assume responsibility for Greenbelt Group’s Ecological specific promotion literature ensuring that it is always accurate and up to date.
- Be able to provide on-going support and CPD events for clients and associated consultancy bodies.
- Manage and ensure the delivery and retention of our ISO 14001 – Environmental Management.
- Work with a range of internal departments and external stakeholders
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and develop key client relationships in relation to our services.
- Promote Greenbelt Group’s as the best provider of long-term stewardship on residential developments and assume responsibility for any Ecological specific promotion literature.
- Develop policies and procedures in relation to any Ecological aspect of our management services to ensure compliance.
- Provide effective internal and external communication to assist in any Environmental type enquiries.
- Provide on-going support and CPD events. ISO 14001 – Environmental Management.
This role manages and oversees all aspects of Greenbelt Group’s Environmental Responsibilities. You will ensure our internal departments are provided with the necessary, and relevant qualifications/training, in order for us to deliver our on-site obligations.
- You will be affiliated with a relevant professional body.
- You will have a good knowledge conversant in BNG legislation and as well as being conversant in any other Environment related issues that impact the Housebuilding sector e.g. Nutrient Neutrality, Water Neutrality etc., and compliance with Environmental legislation.
- You are required to have excellent communication and client management skills, both written and verbal, as you will be the main communication point, both internally and externally, on Ecological and Sustainability subject matters.
- Regular travel and occasional overnight stays are required.
- A full clean UK driving licence is essential for this role.
Regular travel will be required for the role mainly in England & Wales and occasionally our offices located throughout the UK; a Company Car will be provided. Occasional overnight stays are required as a part of the role. A full clean UK driving licence is essential.