We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Associate Director for Communications and Engagement to join the Centre for Climate Engagement team at Hughes Hall to support the Climate Governance Initiative – a unique and growing global platform for boards run in collaboration with the World Economic Forum.
This is a new senior and strategic role that will bring energy and enthusiasm to a growing, international initiative with huge potential for driving impact in board rooms around the world.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide leadership, oversight and coordination of the Initiative’s communications and engagement agendas. The post holder will primarily be responsible for the creation, development and project delivery of the strategic communications and engagement framework in which to position Initiative’s current and future programme agenda, funding and operation to create ongoing growth and impact.
The Associate Director for Communications and Engagement takes the lead, on behalf of the Director, to ensure that the Initiative’s engagement and communications agenda is properly resourced, planned and administered. The role-holder will be responsible for all aspects of the Initiative’s communications and engagement management, including supervision of Branding, Communications, Content, Knowledge Exchange, Engagement, Chapter Engagement, and Chapter Development.
Externally, the role-holder will be expected to liaise and network with key stakeholders. This will include representing the Initiative as required at external meetings.
- Lead on the creation, development and implementation of the Initiative’s communications and engagement strategy for international business, policy and academic engagement, in alignment with the Climate Governance Initiative’s overall strategy and vision. Balance the potentially conflicting priorities of partners and
stakeholders. Draw on the Initiative’s and Chapters’ existing resources and networks to support these processes.
- Lead on the Initiative’s internal and external communications and engagement activities, including regular international events. Prepare and design publicity and promotional materials to be presented on the Initiative’s website to raise the profile of the Initiative. Identify suitable opportunities to produce case studies and white
papers. Prepare media releases and promotional material as required.
- Lead the work with key Chapters, and especially their Communications and Engagement teams, ensure that Chapters’ outputs are supportive of and supported by the Initiative’s communications and engagement strategy.
- Create a strategy to identify and approach potential new international communications and engagements partners, in conjunction with Initiative’s Partnership team, while liaising to ensure existing relationships are nurtured.
- Supervise the Initiative’s communications workstream, including content creation and knowledge exchange, providing advice and strategic direction as required.
- Manage the creation, development, and implementation of a cohesive communications strategy for the Initiative, working closely with the Content and Knowledge Exchange Teams, to ensure widespread dissemination. Monitor the delivery of the strategy and communications channels used to ensure they are
responsive to evolving audience needs. Supervise external consultants working with Initiative in the communications arena.
- Manage and oversee effective communication via the Initiative’s website, Climate Governance hub and social media channels, including production of content for strong knowledge exchange.
- Supervise the Initiative’s engagement workstream, including the Chapter engagement, and Chapter development programmes, visits by senior individuals from government, academia, business and industry; roadmapping, workshops and seminars; and appropriate publicity for the projects. Supervise external consultants working with CGI in the engagement arena.
- Work closely with Initiative’s Head of Operations to ensure that communications and engagement projects comply with funder requirements, solving any problems that may arise from conflicting requirements.
- Produce clear and concise reports on complex matters on CGI activities for the senior stakeholders, including the Initiative’s Governing Board, and various audiences as requested. Provide advice and guidance to the CGI leadership team and Chapters on matters within the engagement and communications areas.
- Lead on the production of regular stakeholder surveys, collating and reporting on feedback and communicate improvements and changes in response to the surveys.
- Represent Initiative at external meetings. Act as a first point of contact for stakeholders wishing to engage with the Initiative.
Further information about this role can be found on the job description.