Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; Mining & Metals, and the Manufacturing and Technology markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
Core to Bechtel is our Vision, Values and Commitments. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Our 10 consecutive weeks Infrastructure Internship Scheme starting in mid-June 2024 is open to all undergraduates in the recruiting disciplines we have openings for. In most cases, you’ll be assigned to a project or placed in an office where you can support our day-to-day operations. During this time you’ll see how our business works and take on tasks that will give you valuable experience – all while having a real impact on our organisation.
You will have a dedicated supervisor who will be responsible for providing you with a full and busy workload and ensuring we provide you with the best experience possible during your time with us.
- Setting personal goals to help you get the most out of your internship
- Working with a dedicated supervisor to ensure your workload challenges you
- Exposure to senior management through lunch and learn sessions and Q&As
- Dedicated work packages to provide an insight into Environmental, Safety and Health Management Systems, data management and processes
- Engagement with projects where applicable to provide insight into actual construction and engineering projects
Environmental, Safety, and Health interns may provide support to the ES&H team. They also support the implementation of hazard and management processes for the project under the overall supervision of the ES&H manager and support the implementation of the ES&H management systems
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science degree program in Environmental Studies (which may include Environmental Management or Public Health from an accredited college or university) or construction related degree with an interest in health and safety
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in one of the above fields
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic jobsites
- Currently enrolled in a Master of Science degree program in Environmental Studies (which may include Environmental Management or Safety Management), Construction (with a focus on Safety), or Public H