Working pattern: Full-time
Salary: £58,972 to £68,525 a year per annum pa pro rata
This role is diverse and acts as the Trust expert in areas such as environmental compliance, waste compliance, management of utilities and sustainability.
This role will provide guidance and advice to Trust members to ensure the Trust is compliant with legislation/NHS directives and will drive the Green Committee and Champions to deliver the Trust Green Plan within the timescales agreed.
As the Trust expert, there will be significant liaison and input with external bodies such as the HCP, ICB, NHSe etc as well as other Trusts and external providers.
- Accountability – This role acts as the Trust expert in all matters relating to sustainability, ensuring that the Trust is fully compliant with all elements of legislation and NHSe directives.
- Communication and Relationship – As Trust expert, there is a heavy focus on provision of advice within this role. There will be a requirement to be continuously up to date with legislation and market trends, which will then need to be translated for staff use.
- Planning and organisational –The role is responsible for ensuring accuracy in respect of provision of data for the ERIC return (Estates Return & Information Collection), ICS/ICB reporting and reporting on carbon reductions as detailed in the Green Plan.
- Responsibility for policy/service development – As the Trust expert, this role holds responsibility for ensuring the Trust has relevant policies in place to ensure compliance (eg environmental) and that the relevant department has processes to comply with the policies.
- Management Responsibility – As the Trust expert in all things environmental and sustainable, this role will be heavily involved in ensuring staff are aware of their responsibilities, which will include training of staff. The training will involve personnel from Board level to operators, focusing on Board accountability and responsibilities down to how to segregate waste.
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work.