At dss+, we are not just your average operations consulting firm; we are implementers and change makers. Our passion lies in engaging organisations to craft resilient and sustainable business, guiding them through transformational changes in safety, risk and resilience and through their energy transition. We take the complex world of risk and sustainability and translate it into actionable roadmaps that work with our clients business. We implement, working side-by-side with our clients to deliver real, tangible results.
dss+ services fall into three core areas—operational risk management, operational excellence and sustainability—each bolstered by learning, development and culture change solutions and digital technologies. Teams around the globe work with clients in metals and mining, chemicals, oil and gas, power and utilities, agriculture, food and beverage, industrial and manufacturing, and private equity.
We pride ourselves in combining industry experts and on the ground experience with strong people-centric change management capabilities. This creates the perfect blend to support our clients from intent to impact, enabling them to protect what they care for, transform their organisation, and sustain the changes required to make their vision a reality, in a practical actionable way.
Right now, we’re reinforcing our sustainability practice to deliver a comprehensive range of ESG (environmental, sustainability and governance) and sustainability services in the Agriculture, Food and Beverage industry EMEA. If you’re highly motivated, entrepreneurial and knowledgeable, you may be the perfect lead.
Because we’re 100% mission-driven—dedicated to protecting, transforming and sustaining positive change—this role, and the resources you’ll have, offers you the ideal platform to make a difference in this important sector. And, because we don’t just advise on, but aim at leveraging the latest thinking and our own proven methodologies to implement solutions into our clients’ operations, you will be able to see the positive impact of your efforts. You will also be able to engage and leverage our wider global community of 100+ sustainability consultants to grow and accelerate the value and impact we deliver to an amazing portfolio of clients in the Agriculture, Food and Beverage sector.
As a leader in our UK-based Team, you will take ownership of growing our sustainability consulting offering in the Agriculture, Food and Beverage industry locally and throughout the EMEA region. Working collaboratively with our industry and market leads, you will contribute to developing solutions for some of our clients’ most pressing challenges whilst mentoring and supporting our managers and consultants to deliver impact. You will nurture and grow existing client relationships and create new business opportunities. You will lead the personal development of selected colleagues as part of their career journey.
At the highest level, you will have the chance to:
- Live and breathe dss+ Core Values and Mission Critical Behaviours and encourage others to do the same. As a company and individually, we are here to deliver value, walk our talk, keep learning, work in teams and be engaged. Read more about what we value here – https://www.consultdss.com/4ad684/globalassets/assets/documents/dss-code-of-conduct.pdf
- Use consulting skills to design innovative and adapted sustainability solutions to drive growth among a strong existing portfolio and new dss+ clients.
- Keep your sights on the big picture, overseeing program delivery, developing client relationships, leading cross-team initiatives and developing promising talent.
- Plug into technical, regional and global communities to build working relationships and a strong network of resources.
- Advance the way the industry thinks, contributing to emerging dss+ IP, reusable assets, thought leadership and more.
- Become recognised as an ESG and sustainability subject-matter expert in the Agriculture, Food and Beverage industry and trusted thought partner within dss+ and to our clients.
You will be contributing to:
- Develop, lead and drive implementation of the dss+ sustainability strategy offering in the Agriculture, Food and Beverage industry.
- Team with colleagues to create pull and leverage our existing client network in the industry to advance the dss+ sustainability and ESG consulting practice and integrated offerings.
- Actively build and develop new trusted client relationships across our client portfolio in the EMEA region and globally.
- Establish durable internal and external networks to scale our sustainability value proposition and impact to clients.
- Oversee and guide our teams on client engagement, proposal development and service delivery.
- Nurture and inspire your team’s talent, expertise and capability for standout client value and as well as off-the-charts employee engagement.
Who are you today?
Here’s what we think you might look like. You’re most likely an experienced Manager or Senior Manager in a professional services organisation, and you have a pretty impressive track record in selling sustainability or ESG services in the Agriculture, Food and Beverage industry. You’re comfortable with helping clients frame their problem to unveil opportunities, and take long-term client relationships seriously. You’re a great listener and a solutions’ architect — allowing you to develop offers and solutions that meet each client’s unique needs.
Beyond that, be yourself. At dss+ we embrace and celebrate diversity. This is, above all, an inclusive culture in which everyone contributes, and everyone has the chance to develop their talents further.
We would like to see:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or business; MBA, MS, or equivalent preferred.
- 15+ years of professional experience, with at least half in consulting and a focus on building trusted client relationships.
- Strong core consulting skills, including expertise in sustainability methodologies such as materiality assessments, organizational maturity, ESG, and environmental impact assessments.
- Deep experience in Agriculture, Food & Beverage sector.
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and excellent interpersonal skills for effective teamwork.
- Familiarity with operations management, industry guidelines, and analytics.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Established presence and network in the UK’s Agriculture, Food, and Beverage industry is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other languages are a bonus.