The Transition Pathway Initiative Centre (TPI Centre) is an independent, authoritative source of research and data on the progress of corporate and sovereign entities in transitioning to a low-carbon economy. The TPI Centre is part of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, which is based at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
The TPI Centre is one of the main data providers to the Climate Action 100+ Initiative (CA100+). CA100+ is an investor-led initiative to ensure the world’s largest corporate greenhouse gas emitters take necessary action on climate change. The CA100+ Net Zero Company Benchmark aims to drive corporate climate action through investor-driven engagements. In this role, will join a collaborative and passionate team delivering impact-oriented data and analysis to lead investors in the financial sector.
This role, under the supervision of the Project Lead, is to provide high-quality analysis by:
- Collecting and processing qualitative data for the world’s largest corporate greenhouse gas emitters.
- Performing extensive quality checks on company data that feeds into the Benchmark indicators.
- Managing large-scale databases.
- Identifying appropriate methods of investigation or analysis according to data and objectives.
- Performing data analysis and generating graphs, charts, and related documentation.
- Conveying complex conceptual ideas or complex information in a simplified manner.
- Conducting literature reviews.
- Contributing to the organisation of conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Supporting team members to reach common goals.
- Managing own research and administrative activities, with guidance.
- Demonstrating a knowledge of theory, methods and practice and demonstrating development through acquisition of relevant skills and competencies.
Candidates should have:
- Sound understanding of issues in sustainable finance and investment.
- Ability to perform well and deliver within deadlines.
- A detail-oriented, organised, and rigorous work ethic.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and data management skills.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced MS Excel skills.
- Proficiency in a programming language (R, Stata, or Python) is desirable.