NFU Mutual is an established and reputable provider of insurance, investments, and financial services within the UK. With a rich history dating back over a century, we have a strong focus on serving the farming community. As part of our growth strategy, we’re introducing two new roles into our Group Propositions team to strengthen our commitment to the farming sector and to drive innovative solutions for current and future farming risks.
As a Propositions Consultant at NFU Mutual, you’ll play a crucial role in shaping and refining our farming strategy by leveraging your farming and agricultural knowledge and expertise.
- Supporting the digital transition of farming insurance, you’ll use your commercial mindset to meet the evolving needs of our farming customers.
- You’ll contribute to the offerings provided to support the next generation of agricultural vehicles, lead on promoting farm safety, crime prevention and sustainability initiatives to align with next-generation farming practices.
- Leading on initiatives related to renewables, natural capital, and other innovative areas, you’ll contribute to the growth and sustainability of the farming industry.
The success of this role hugely depends on the effective collaboration across internal business units and external partnerships. You’ll foster relationships with government, manufacturers, and industry associations to enhance our standing within the farming community. You’ll also need to stay updated on industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies to provide valuable insights for strategic decision-making.
This is a hybrid role with up to 80% homeworking available and 20% in Stratford upon Avon.
It’s important that you have demonstrable expertise and understanding of farming practices, agricultural trends, and the broader rural sector. Previous experience in the insurance sector or within a propositions / product development role alongside this expertise would be advantageous, but not essential for the role.
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in managing and collaborating with stakeholders at various levels, fostering positive and productive relationships
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to convey information clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Proven ability to articulate complex information concisely and effectively in written reports, specifically for developing compelling business cases
- Business acumen and an understanding of commercial implications
- The ability to think strategically, contributing to the development and refinement of organisational strategies
Additionally, you’ll have a strong commitment to understanding and meeting the needs of farming customers as well as agility in adapting to changing circumstances, embracing new ideas, and contributing to an innovating and evolving environment.
Benefits and Rewards
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary up to £50,000 depending on experience
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5% of salary)
- Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme
- A Family Friendly policy that helps you balance your work and family responsibilities
- Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
- £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership – subject to T&Cs
- Health and wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
- Access to voluntary benefits, including health assessments, private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee Volunteering – volunteer in the community for one day each year
- Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
- Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
- Employee discounts of 15% on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies.
At NFU Mutual, we support an inclusive workplace and value all the differences that make us unique. We celebrate the creativity and innovation that comes from diverse perspectives and experiences and share a common vision of doing the right thing for our customers and employees.
We recognise that some candidates may experience barriers during the recruitment process. So, we encourage candidates to discuss any adjustments or accommodations they need to be the best they can be throughout our recruitment process.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer, a Race at Work and Women in Finance Charter signatory and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, ethnicity, disability, neurodiversity, gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background.